Are you a student at CSU and have experience with marketing & graphic design? Please apply for our internship!
Work on a variety of marketing and graphic design projects including collateral, website, copy, presentations, and managing our blog/social media presence. Tasks will include project management, graphic design, marketing, and writing for internal and public facing publications.
- Internship is paid – $11-13 based on experience.
- Position will require 5-10 hours per week with the potential for additional hours as project work allows.
- Hours are flexible during normal business hours.
- Minimum 18 month commitment, starting April 2016.
Key Functions: Graphic Design, Social Media, & Copy Editing
- Graphic Design
- Design and manage IBE marketing collateral
- Edit and format presentations
- Support IBE projects and clients in graphic development, report design, presentation design, etc.
- Social Media
- Follow key industry trends
- Disseminate achievements of internal projects
- Maintain presence on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Manage blog calendar, support author delivery
- Copy editing
- Review, write, and manage website content
- Draft new content for blogs, press releases, etc.
- Review all content published by IBE for grammar and style
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ambition & strong ability to take initiative
- Exceptional enthusiasm and a commitment to learning
- Experience with social media and wordpress
- Experience in basic HTML, CSS, etc.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud products (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design)
- Ability to commit at least 18 months and work at least 5 hours per week
- Related course work in design, web development, and writing
The Institute for the Built Environment (IBE) is housed within the College of Health and Human Sciences at Colorado State University (CSU) and our mission is to advance the development of healthy, thriving built environments. We form interdisciplinary teams of on-campus faculty and students, and off campus professionals to take research to practice. Our paid internship program offers experiential education and practical knowledge for students who aspire to be leading sustainability professionals. Students are supported and mentored by senior institute staff and provide professional work products for our clients.
Learn more about our mentorship program.
How to apply
Please send the following items to Stephanie Barr at s.barr-at-colostate.edu.
- Cover letter that includes:
- An overview of your key strengths, both professionally and personally
- A description of your past experiences related to the primary duties and qualifications
- The reasons you feel you’re a great addition to the IBE team
- Resume that includes:
- Previous work experience & current commitments
- University program and relevant courses
- 3 References
- A writing sample (for example: a class paper, blog article, essay, report, etc.)